Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sweater Wizard YIKES





I tried my first go at the sweater wizard. While others I have asked love it I did not fair so well. I have rechecked my input and I did do a swatch and I was right on gauge. Well the first go 'round, I got about half way up the body and tried it on. It looked like a hot air balloon cozy! So rip, rip, rip. Down two needle sizes. The the next time.....hello mobius! So then I gave up on in the round and made it in 2 pieces. Finally done, I blocked, washed, dried and shock...too big still. Fit in the bust no where else. So thanks to Doug (LUMI), the master,he did a big tapered mattress on the seams and took it up about 10, believe it, rows and it looks MUCH better. I did an i-cord for the flowers. Yes, the infamous gyno i-cord, and got the hex beads from Michael's for the middles. The flowers and leaves are from a Nicki Epstein book. Of course I have one on the back...thanks Melissa!
I used Cotton Ease for all the parts on the vest. Feels GREAT after the wash and dry, but the yarn was a mess to work with. Lots of twisting and yarn barf everywhere, even after putting in on the swift. But it feels so good now I would probable try again.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

The tank top looks great! GOOD JOB!!! Screw Sweater Wizard!!! If we have a lot of time at some point, I can show you the old fashioned way to design garments, without PC! Shocking - I know...

KnitWit said...

I would LOVE that!