Friday, August 17, 2007

Knit Art


I found this cool vase on sale at IKEA-$3- and put the left over yarn from projects in the vase. That way the good memeories from each project can bring it's magic to the room. So all the memories and happy faces of people for whom I have knitted things are with me. Then I put all the freaking wooden needles I could find in the vase. Cause you know once you have gone Addi there's no turning back...mwah ha ha ha!! And tah-dah the KNITTING ART FROM OUTER SPACE!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Good idea - thanks for sharing. I have so many vases without purpose because I don't like cut flowers... OOPPSS - Steve you didn't read this....

The Yarn Doctor said...

Wow someone who made it through IKEA and actually purchased something too! I'm in awe.
Love the creative idea!

famous steve said...

That's OK Claudia. I MUCH prefer knitting needles to cut flowers ANY day! Awesome idea! Nancy, you should knit some more of those I-cord flowers and attach them to the tops of the needles.
P.S. Where you been girl?

Diana T. said...

I lurve your installation piece.

Melissa said...

It was very nice of her to share her idea. It is very beautiful. But, did I mention that she doesn't share the actual product of all that creativity. She keeps it shut up in her room. I thought it looked quite lovely on the kitchen table, but nooooo off it went and I haven't seen it since the photo was taken.