Friday, August 10, 2007

How I lost my first tape measure

Well, I don't know about you but I am a better person because I knit. I knit because of the great folks I have grown to love along the way. I can't imagine a better bunch of crazies like the ones I was lucky enough to join here in Atlanta. We are all better froggers since our Friday nights, that's for sure. Most of the time we laugh and laugh, a great mental cleanser! For the first blog, I want to share how I lost my tape measure...Claudia, this one's for you!I was at the gyno's office, I of course had a knitting project with me because I knew I would have to wait and I am not the most patient person in the world. Finally after about a 45 minute wait, I was taken back to the western room...you know the one with the stirrups! So I did as I was told, undressed from the waist down and put the lovely paper sheet around me. Well, this wasn't my first rodeo I knew it would be a while, so I continued knitting the i-cords for the decorations on my summer tank (which by the way is driving me crazy, but more on that later). Finally the doc comes in and I finish my little row (you know it is only 3 stitches), put the yarn, needles etc in the little bag and toss it in the chair. I reposition myself for the exam and hear a weird clank as something falls on the floor. Hmmmm, was that an instrument? So after I am done and dressing, I notice a small round blue and green tape measure on the sink. Naturally, I debated on stealing, I mean taking, it. But then I wondered, hmmmm....what IS the doc measuring with this? Also, I noticed a small white tape measure too. Big deal I have a little white one...or so I thought. I just left them in the room, I couldn't get past what MIGHT have been measured with that thing. When I get home, I get my i-cord out again and need to measure it. Can't find MY tape measure. Well KARMA! I had not moved it off my lap when I scooched down and it hit the floor in the doc's office. Mine was the white one on the sink. HA! I wonder what the doc thought of that thing falling to the floor!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

hahahaha - keep up the good work and the stories. And welcome to the dark side of blogging - we have cookies ;-)