Sunday, October 21, 2007

Love Socks, baby Love Socks

Well well well, I learned the hard way that I should do a swatch on BOTH colors. I got to the heel on the first try and hmmmm it was more like a bowl for elves. So frog frog frog all the way up to the first row of the pattern. I was making this a little too tight. Who wants to work at putting a sock on? So here is round two. But the first row is still too tight and the top is too loose. So I will probably rip it all out. I started work on the second sock. Not too upsetting since this is my first FairIsle project. I wasn't expecting perfection right off the bat. But Doug showed me Elizabeth Zimmerman's trick and tah dah, much better with the tension! I ended up going down 2 sizes for the Claudia's Hand Painted yarn. So the contrast is on size 0, the other on size 2. I am using the Knit Picks steel double pointed. I am still getting used to them. The are a little slippery but not bad and the length is in between so that is different too. But I do like how sturdy they feel. I don't feel like I am going to snap them in half. I have ordered some more sizes. Let me know if you like them or not. I am curious!
I was happy to wear my garter bar sweater today. Yea Fall! I felt pretty cute in it. It is pretty gratifying to wear a hand made item.

1 comment:

famous steve said...

OMG! I'm catching all kinds of hell for not blogging since October, and look who else has not blogged since October! of course, I haven't even read a blog since then either! Always love reading yours though. It always makes me laugh!