Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I just LOVE having more time to knit!

So can you believe how different the colors knit up? Weird huh? This is a no purl Monkey sock by the way. Wow do they knit up quick! Thanks Doug for the yarn!!! My SAFF present. Look at this beauty!!! Jane knitted this and gave it to me for my birthday. It is so gorgeous! I will always cherish this!!! Now if it will only get cold!!



Finally I can put up this FO. I made these socks for Claudia. This yarn is from our first dyeing project together. The pattern is from Sockamania and ....


I won this from a drawing for posting my picture!! It is superwash merino and bamboo in the colorway Missy. Nice huh? I got the parcel from England just today!!!


I also finished the gift for my friend from the hand spun hand dyed Claudia worked up for me. She just loved it and couldn't believe it. The color was right on too!
And I finished a little scarf, but I maxed out on the picture limit for this post.
Tomorrow, Doug, Brett, and I will have a sewing day at Claudia's Kraft Haus! I have an Amy Butler purse to finish and Doug is at the fabric store as we speak getting material for project bags alla Jane's design.
I have really enjoyed my break! I feel like a human again. Just my happy silly self.
Today, I went to Abalama and dressed up in a big purple organza dress, tiara, and monkey slippers. I took my magic wand and was the Mystery Reader for my great niece's K4 class. Then I spent a large part of the day with my Dad and gave my Mom a break. She went to the bookstore and had a chai latte. These are 2 of her most favorite things to do and she relished the chance to be alone for a bit. She is the sole caretaker of my father who requires 24/7 attention. So now if I can just get my nose to stop running all will be well in Nancyland.




No comments: