Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Bit Meloncholy I Guess

I was sitting here tonight thinking how wonderful it is to have my Friday Night Knitting friends. I met them when I was having a tough time in my marriage. The way we laughed and they got my jokes and didn't mind that I was/am a bit loud and crazy and added a bit of adult humor made me know that we would all be friends. So two plus years later, I love them more than ever and some have made permanent places in my heart.
Even when our friendships were first starting, they promised to knit me every night if I left my husband. That was just the extra boost I needed to make good choices for myself.
Now I am only 3 semesters and 5 weeks away from being through nursing school, alone again, my dad is quickly progressing in the last stage of Alzheimer's, and sometimes when I just feel so overwhelmed and down,I know that Friday night is a comin and I am sure to feel loved and have some laughs. I think a good motto is that you don't have to feel great to come, but you will probably feel better when you leave. So here's to you my fabulous friends at Knitch...you know who you are....thank you for the wonderful addition to my life.

No comments: