Monday, March 24, 2008

Hey!


Hey all! I hope that your Easter was fun and full of chocolate. I got in trouble for not posting so here you go! I went to Bama and hid eggs for my precious little pumpkin nieces. A little kid lovin' goes a long way with me. I just love getting hugged on!
I have an idea and am sure some of you must have tried it. I wondered about using the egg dying kits to dye yarn? I got some from the bargin bin at publix. Any advice???????
I finished one of my petra hand warmers. The thumb was a little funky, but you know I can improvise! I was NOT going to have to redo any of the braid, so I of course winged it (should that be wung?) Anyway, I have started the other and am totally cook-coo for that Malibrigo silk blend. It is almost obscene! (Well, aren't we all?)
I am trying my new goal of getting to Knitch at least once a month. School only has 6 weeks left and of course 5 of those have an exam. boo hoo for me. But my first year will be done baby! I will be Nurse Nancy before you and drop a needle!
Let me hear from you! SWAK

4 comments:

Katey said...

Try the tutorial here:

http://simpleknits.blogspot.com/2007/03/dyeing-yarn-with-easter-egg-dye.html

I miss you Nancy! :)

KnitWit said...

AWWWW I miss you too! Thanks for the info, I will check it out!

Knits4Bears said...

We sure have missed you and yes you can have some of my malabrigo silk if you need it. I'll keep it in my bag so I'll have it next time I see you.
See you soon!

KnitWit said...

Thanks Doug!!! Miss you too baby!