Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A lot has happened in 2 years

On Aug 15 2005 I found out that I had cancer. I celebrate my survivor day on Nov 23rd which was the last day of treatment. It was found on my very 1st mammogram. I had no family history and am considered a young survivor. Please urge all the women in your life who are 35 and older to go and get 'em squished! I am alive because we found it early. My surgeon told me if I had waited until I was 45ish this would have probably killed me.

I have been thinking of all that has gone on since then. I was newly married when I found out, not knitting a thing, and living in the burbs. Now I am single again, knitting up a storm and have found a great bunch of folks that really mean a bunch to me. My new adventure of nursing school starts on Monday and after 6 years of sharing an office with the same person, I have a new space and a new office mate. And I have a new living arrangement and lots of pets!
Those are some really big life changes. But I feel good, I am pretty healthy and knitting is such a good meditation for me. I can carry it around, enjoy coffee shops and K2TOG is really true for me.

Enjoy your life today!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

We love you, too, honey - I am glad Lou dragged you to our Friday knitting group one day. Like you like to say - it's a beautiful thing. I am glad all these positive changes happened to you! And YAY for the upcoming second anniversary!!!

Diana T. said...

I'm just catching up with your blog, what a wild ride you've had these last two years! I'm so glad I met ya!
Take care and have a good first week of classes.